Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Level 84 solo


Slicer made it to level 84. Interestingly much of the experience was gained on 1 run of Lower Kurast. I'm not sure what happened but it seemed like I must have hit the magical seed that makes almost every monster a boss. In one run of Lower Kurast I think I must have killed about 12 boss monsters in addition to all their minions (and almost dying several times). Even being careful it was hard not to get swarmed... the seed was unbelievable. So were the drops, nothing for unique or set items, but charms out the wazoo! Most of the charms were high level, one level 69, another around 65, but only one was useful (a Fire resist + faster heal). A second became useful after I cubed up some perfect gems and a less useful charm for a large magic find charm. This makes the second magic find charm (the other an even better small MF charm) in my stash, putting my MF up around 80%.

Eighty percent isn't much for magic find, but I also don't have Enigma, Hoto, or any of the high level rune items yet. I've been playing without hacks (only muling off items) trying to see if it's indeed possible to find the equipment recommended for a Hammerdin in single player mode. Hammerdins are suppose to be one of the strongest characters in the game, it didn't feel like it last LK run, though I know running friends through Normal and Nightmare will be a laugh. At level 84 I've maxed Blessed Hammer and ALL synergies. I thought I had +5 to all skills via various items, but it appears it's only +4 since Blessed Hammer is only 24.

At this point I'm not quite ready to give Frozenstein/Anya another crack. I think I'll try to get a bit more experience before tackling this quest again.

No comments:

Post a Comment