Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Popping chests, just puffery?

Maybe it's a bad map or a bunch of bad seeds, or maybe I just got lucky before (yesterday), but this morning it seemed the best I could do running special chests in Lower Kurast was jewels and flawless gems.

Last night a run lead to this awesome +1 Grand Masteries Barbarian charm. I already have a +1 charm for Assassin.

I decided to stop popping chests after about the 10th run when one of the minor monsters dropped a Hel rune.

Previously I mentioned finding a Dol rune in my LK special chest runs. The problem I've found running the entirety of Lower Kurast is that it takes a long time. There's enough bad boss monsters at /players 8 to slow the game down significant enough (and this is with 75% resists to everything except poison in Hell). Experience is not bad, but it takes about 10 of these runs to level at level 84.

Spending a couple of hours leveling isn't a bad way to go, but it feels slow, there's not a lot of excitement and once you pop the special chests it seems nothing special drops after. I did find the Hel rune, but something like a Hel rune dropping from a minor monster is pure luck, and the odds of it happening again are pretty slim, at least at my current power level.

No comments:

Post a Comment