Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

JadeKicker kicks off a new challenge

JadeKicker, a new Assassin

Beating Baal in Hell mode with what's arguably one of the most powerful builds in Diablo (even if I didn't have Enigma, HOTO, or other fancy rune words) was a good warm up. And while I still want Slicer to have those fantastic items it feels a bit boring to keep running the same thing using many of the same strategies for a crumb or two. I'm itching for *newness*. So I started an Assassin this morning named JadeKicker. Within an hour of soloing I JadeKicker had completed all the quests up to the Outer Cloister (including the Countess who dropped a single rune word).

The plan for JadeKicker is as a martial artist. The last time I played an Assassin was shortly after the LOD Expansion pack was released. That assassin was a non-build online character who I ironically basically soloed on Battlenet. That assassin was not a build at all, but if I had to describe her I would have said she was a Trapassin who became a bit of a martial artist. It was many years ago but I remember before I stopped playing she was level 76.

The plan for JadeKicker is to take her to Nightmare and leave her there, then start another class, and keep going until I have one character of each class.

JadeKicker's stats don't look very impressive at this point, but she was able to very easily take on Blood Raven at level 4 (martial arts are awesome). I think I drank two healing potions in the fight with Blood Raven before she fell, and it probably could have just been one, but I play safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment