Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lower Kurast finds

Spent about 40 minutes this morning on the hardest setting of Hell mode running (more like inching) Lower Kurast (in solo). Besides being 43 million away from level 83 I scooped up a couple of items I didn't have before: IK Gauntlets (set item), Snake Cord Light Belt (Unique).

Along with these items I found the usual round of flawless gems, enough to do 2 rounds of transforming grand charms (both of which resulted in worse charms). Two runes also dropped, Ral and Dol. Dol comes in handy cubing up. Still looking for that elusive Ber rune. I think Atma's item calculator said there's something like a 1 in 40,000 chance of getting Ber - something ridiculous anyway.

The monsters in LK are not quite as nasty as the last act, but I still had to inch my way around to avoid the lightning enhanced monsters... having bad memories of almost getting to Anya in hell only to be stopped by Frozenstein's lightning enhanced body. One of the problems with the hammerdin spamming hammers is if you find yourself surrounded and one of the monsters is lightning enhanced. Even with 75 max lightning resist in hell Frozenstein still took me out pretty easily. This is one of the reasons I jumped back to Lower Kurast, to build up a bit more health and hopefully find a few more runes to get Heart of the Oak or Enigma.

No comments:

Post a Comment