Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2011

The Pit, in Hell

Pit in Hell mode
I mentioned in Validity of builds in solo mode that the  hell mode Pit was cited as a good place to do magic finding. Looking through forums there seemed to be confirmation of the pits as a valid place to run even with the 1.13 patch.

Sadly my first run resulted in nothing, even after wiping out every monster in the Pit nothing green, brown, or even yellow dropped and no runes dropped at all. In fact the best item that dropped was a Flawed Diamond (which is nothing but since I've been cubing runes it could come in handy).

The first run was done at /players 1. I didn't have too much problem handling the monsters, but my hireling did almost die from what I was afraid Slicer might die from (archers). Almost is the operative word.

Kicking it up a notch to /players 8 resulted in my NPC being killed off just inside the Pit and my almost dying several times. As expected, archer-type characters with their run and shoot tactics made playing at /players 8 pretty tough. A few more times at /players 1 might confirm this as a worthy place, but for now it's not as easy as suggested. I think the problem with most advice out there is that it's given with Battlenet in mind or with hacks in mind. Playing in single player mode isn't easy as the advice that's often given.

No comments:

Post a Comment