Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

JadeKicker, the weak side

JadeKicker makes level 20
Sometimes I wonder the wisdom of "builds" when they suggest changing NPC to a tank from the second level. This is one of those times. While the tank dies less often than the archer from act 1, the tank also doesn't seem to help very much with range monsters... and this is an area I noticed JadeKicker is a bit weak against.
JadeKicker has yet to die, but came very close in Tal Rasha's tomb. I've decided not to pursue Durial until level 24 even though most characters take him on around level 20. Instead I plan to level in the fake tombs and run the countess for a few more low level runes. It's longer and more boring, but also more safe. Durial is hands down one of the most difficult bosses, at least at early levels.
Slicer kicked Durial's butt from Normal through Hell, but Slicer was always a Hammerdin build. JadeKicker is a martial artist and needs to be closer to Durial to damage him. The problem is Durial has immense strength and immense hit points. 28-62 damage is not going to do it, even if my probability to hit was high. I need to find a better MA strategy against Durial.
Slicer found Bartuc's claws, so when the time roles around I'll be arming JadeKicker with those. For now she's sporting a rare dual-socket Eagle Song Katar. I was thinking about putting a larger set of emeralds in the claws, but poison takes time to take effect despite the massive damage. I've also thought about putting cold in the claws for the freezing effect - which unfortunately doesn't work well against Durial.
I think JadeKicker's best hope against Durial is to find or make something with the "Cannot be Frozen" attribute to prevent Druial from freezing her and cutting her to ribbons. Speed seems to be JadeKicker's strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment